28 March, 2020
Assitant Finance BP needed in Johannesburg – In this role, you have the opportunity to drive analysis of business performance: sales, pricing, margin and costs (incl. marcom spend)
Providing financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers
Identifying, addressing and tracking of business issues
Supporting with month-end and year-end close process
Assist to Management and liaising with external auditors to complete timeous signing of annual financial statements
Assisting with Reviewing and publishing timely monthly management accounts
Enabling functions responsibility: control actual expenses, recharge hosted heads ensuring SLA structure is in place, performing true-ups according to contractual agreements, planning future costs and preparing tax back-up documentation for external costs
Monitor and review actual EF cross charge Across the Market.
Drive master data accuracy (cost centre and ORU) in line with Workday/payroll.
Support implementation of PH Blue heart
Support EF AOP/FC across the market in line with Global time line.
Support Procurement and finance to Driver PO compliance (90%)
Support Adhoc Finance activities
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Proven experience as assistant controller or other similar position within a matrix multinational organization
- Typically requires a minimum of 3-4 years of experience in functional finance positions with a Bachelor’s degree;
- Good analytical skills
- Convincing communication skills
- Good understanding of relevant tools and systems (EFR, VIPP and SAP)
- Ability to work with a team and regularly to work alone.
- Solid knowledge of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) and regulations
- Excellent knowledge of accounting and financial processes (budgeting, financial closure, reporting etc.)
- Understanding of data analysis and forecasting
- Working knowledge of MS Office (especially excel) and accounting software (e.g. SAP)
- Well-organized with ability to prioritize
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and problem-solving ability
- Professional certification (e.g. CIMA ) is Plus
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there,you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)