21 March, 2020
Data Analyst required in Johannesburg : Are you immediately available? Do you love diving into data sets? Would you enjoy telling stories and helping others see the benefit of data-based decision-making? As a Senior Data Analytics Manager for my client, a leading digital advertising agency based in Sandton , you are a Business Leader: you should be an effective communicator, ambitious, and able to drive insights into actions that improve client business results. You’ll need to mine multiple sources of data, derive actionable insights, and translate complex results or algorithms into simple conclusions that will empower team members to take action to win in their department and with clients’ customers.
- Build data infrastructures and warehousing data.
- Build analytic capabilities to grow organizations knowledge.
- Build performance measurement dashboard for departments and clients.
- Develop in-depth business, analytical and systems knowledge to improve or build analytical solutions, approaches and business recommendations.
- Demonstrating data visualization (Looker, Power BI, Tableau, Excel), and analytic tools (R, SAS, JMP, Python, Spark) to grasp the business insights from our mountain of data is what you will experience.
- Cross collaborate with multi-functional teams (Design, Marketing, Dev and Media)
- Primary driver of delivering insights that will educate and influence key business decision-making for our clients Retail, eCommerce and Brand teams.
- Lead and improve analytical programs and results of your business unit / category / region together with consumer research.
- Deliver analytic insights in several business domains including consumer, customer, digital, market & share performance. With a combination of analytical expertise, data and system knowledge and business insight,
- Answer and anticipate critical business questions and opportunities and deliver critical insights to the business in ways that make significant impacts.
- A Bachelor or master’s degree in a quantitative field (Operation Research, Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Math, Economics, Statistics, Analytics etc…)
- Experience conducting quantitative and qualitative analysis with analytics techniques to solve defined business problems.
- Ability to communicate and influence agreement to your recommendations
- Experience telling stories and selling with data and insights.
- You are comfortable working with diverse business scenarios, handling multiple priorities and have a business & consultancy mindset, while technically (data) savvy.
- Passion about discovering new things and the ability to learn quickly.
- Related full-time or internship experience with FMCG, Media, Ecom industry analytics
- Data management and visualization skills/tools (SQL, Looker, Spotfire, PowerBI or similar) is an advantage
- Programming languages (Python, R, C# or Java) an advantage
- 4 years of related experience
- Good social skills, self-motivated, dynamic, reciprocal and “can-do” attitude
- Business knowledge, social, and communication skills are therefore needed to thrive in this multi-functional leadership team.
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. Only SA Citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please e-mail a word copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and mention the reference numbers of the jobs.