Mid-level Digital Strategist
Digital Marketing Strategist – JHB
The Digital Marketing Strategist is responsible for the successful management of digital strategy for client brands.
The role requires an innovator, a trendsetter, and a progressive thinker who can connect digital to all other aspects of a client business and drive growth opportunities. The Digital Marketing Strategist answers key questions such as how brands are communicated and experienced through digital interactions, and how digital interactions fit into broader customer experiences.
This individual combines an in-depth knowledge of client business objectives, online strategies, and their competitive landscape with a rich background in the digital marketing industry to deliver effective digital marketing recommendations.
This person also handles the day-to-day operations of agency projects, including research, scope development, creative briefing and job execution. He or she is responsible for client contact, organizing information shared by and with the client, and ensuring that agency procedures are followed.
Digital Marketing Strategists are responsible for achieving the client’s strategic brand and business objectives by working with clients to provide them with guidance and working with the internal team to achieve execution of strategies.
They serve a vital role in promoting the integration of cross-functional teams and ensuring seamless delivery of all work to the client. This candidate must be prepared for a fast-paced environment and be comfortable making decisions.
– Develops unique strategies and builds upon current client strategies within the digital arena to meet/exceed objectives.
– Executes projects to be high quality, on time and cost-effective/on budget.
– Fosters timeline development and monitors progress, ensuring deadlines are met.
– Manages overall project scope and ensures staffing assumptions adhere to budget.
– Develops strong, trusting relationships between clients and agency partners, providing leadership and support during strategy, ideation, and execution.
– Manages client expectations, bringing issues/concerns to clients’ attention before they become problems, offering potential solutions, and advising of potential delivery delays.
– Manages work and professional development of assigned project manager(s).
– Works with project managers to ensure team is aligned to client requirements.
– Proactively keeps abreast of assigned clients’ marketing and media plans, and provides technological solutions including rich media, site optimization, promotional ideas, mobile, social networks, viral, etc.
– Manages research studies that yield rich insights into consumer online behaviour and key motivational/attitudinal behaviour.
– Develops a total understanding of online target audience and mind-set modes.
– Provides campaign performance reporting and analysis to clients.
– Ensures accountability is established during the project planning process Skills/Requirements.
– Three to five years of full-time experience in digital marketing or advertising (digital experience required).
– Superior communication skills, both internal and client-facing.
– Strong relationship management, organizational and project management skills.
– Ability to identify opportunities for growth and incremental opportunities with client partners.
– Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a related field
if you are interested, send your CV to email@example.com
Salary: RR40k – 50k per month + n/a
Job Reference #: 1631