Senior Manager Business Analysis
Senior Manager Business Analysis
Location: Johannesburg, ZA
16 May 2018
Nedbank Group Technology
Nedbank’s centralised technology unit is responsible for all the components of the Group’s Technology processing, development and system support.
To build management foundation and to deliver operational excellence and productivity.Ensure the smooth running of the Business Analyst (BA) team and its delivery; to ensure that it is a value adding centre servicing all stakeholders.Directly manage the BA Team Leads and indirectly the BAs reporting to the Team Leads; coordinating the functions that the team is responsible for. Define the strategic direction of the team in line with the overall Nedbank and cluster strategies as well as the benefits for the teamand ensure that these are tracked and measured against the applicable strategic drivers.
- Deliver strategic results through team by translating strategy into operational and project plans and budgets.
- Manage resources, enable executing and achieve business strategy and associated metrics.
- Optimise value add by identifying and managing risk.
- Ensure business area comply with standards, policy and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure management of function by allocating work, organising department, driving productivity improvement and by smoothing day-to-day operations Solve problems through quality and timeous decisions, correcting actions and improving team results.
- Ensure direct reports understand and support Nedbank’s vision, values and strategy.
- Contribute to a culture of transformation by participating in Nedbank culture building initiatives, business strategy, and CSI. Stay abreast of developments in field of expertise, ensuring personal and professional growth.
- Understand and embrace the Nedbank vision and values, leading by example.
- Manage performance of direct reports and hold them accountable for managing the performance of their direct reports by implementing performance agreements and ensuring a clear vision. Identify own development needs.
- Share knowledge and insight with team members and management. Create an environment whereby self, managers and team are encouraged to challenge the status quo by initiating constructive debates about work practices.
- Improve work processes, productivity and reduce costs.
- Ensure proper financing of the function.
- Ensure that planned projects and deliverables for the year are achieved within planned budget.
- Ensure ultimate delivery against the strategy.
- Ensure client expectations and Nedbank’s business requirement are met.
- Ensure self and team improve efficiency and productivity month on month.
- Ensure transformational target are met. Address issues raised in culture survey results and improve results year on year.
- Ensure a client service culture, delivering worldclass service.
- Achieve business optimisation by reviewing and improving work processes and practices, by identifying areas of resource inefficiencies, and by promoting optimisation and multi-skilling, addressing capacity gaps. Improve stakeholder engagement.
- Deliver to client expectations through best practice services
- Build long term relations by managing client, service providers, partners and other stakeholder expectations.
- Ensure team work.
- Ensure trust and respect from department members, direct reports and managers.
- Communicate and build relationship networks.
Essential Qualifications – NQF Level
- Matric / Grade 12 / National Senior Certificate
- Advanced Diplomas/National 1st Degrees
- BCom Informatics / B.Sc. Computer Science (Post-graduate) including SMP/ Manager of manager or equivalent
- Diploma in Business Analysis: IIBA Endorsed Togaf BABOK
Minimum Experience Level
- 5 years working experience (business or IT); in Process re-engineering and Business Analysis
- 5 years Management expereince , leading a team of Business Analysts and Process Engineers
- 2 – 3 years working expereince in an Agile enviroment
- Aligning Performance for Success
- Building Partnerships
- Building talent
- Inspiring others
- Guiding Team Success
- Driving for Results
Please contact the Nedbank Recruiting Team at +27 860 555 566