Risk Analyst Nedbank Jobs
Location:Cape Town, ZA
Closing Date: 12 April 2018
Location: V&A Waterfront, Clocktower
Equity Statement: Preference will be given to applicants from designated groups and suitable internal candidates in line with Nedbank’s policies.
Risk, Audit and Compliance
Manage Self: Technical
To analyse and monitor data to minimise operational risk and ensure governance in the achievement of business needs within Nedbank Private Wealth.
- Data Analysis: Analyse data sets to identify trends and gaps, escalate exceptions and recommend corrective measures to mitigate potential risks and ensure an appropriate risk profile for the relevant business units.
- Modelling, process development and improvement: Develop monitoring processes and models. Improve on existing Risk frameworks to monitor delivery and conduct risk impact analysis against business strategy.
- Monitoring and Reporting: Develop and monitor risk related reports to ensure business units and management understand and take appropriate action on inherent risks and understand the impact of the decisions made to mitigate the risk.
- Managed work deliverables: Ensure own deliverables are accurate, timely, in the correct format and tailored to meet stakeholder requirements. Provide recommendations and monitor implementation and impact on business to achieve business results.
- Managed stakeholder relationships: Understand and meet client needs through client engagement and data collection based on business requirements. Provide information and service that adds value to the business. Educate stakeholders on risk trends, systems, updates and legislative requirements to mitigate risk.
- Delivered team culture contribution, innovation and change: Participate in Nedbank Culture building initiatives (eg. Staff surveys etc.) contributing to a culture conducive to the achievement of transformation goals. Participate and support corporate social responsibility initiatives for the achievement of business strategy. Identify opportunities to improve or enhance processes by identifying and recommending improvements to tools, policies and procedures to add value to Nedbank. Support implementation of new processes, policies and systems to add value to Nedbank
- Managed Self: Understand and embrace the Nedbank Vision and Values by demonstrating the values through interaction with team and stakeholders to achieve goals and objectives. Ensure all learning activities are completed, experience practiced and certifications obtained and/or maintained within specified time frames to ensure personal growth and enable effectiveness in performance of roles and responsibilities.
Essential Qualifications – NQF Level
- Professional Qualifications/Honour’s Degree
- Matric / Grade 12 / National Senior Certificate
Post graduate Degree/ Informations systems/ Computer science/ Engineering
Type of Exposure
- Communicating internally
- Implementing a strategic plan
- Measuring client satisfaction
- Working with clients and other stakeholders to solve problems
- Building and maintaining effective cross-functional relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Interacting with diverse people
- Integrating different sources of information
- Managing customer expectations
- Comparing two or more sets of information Working with a group to identify alternative solutions to a problem
- Working in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Working in a team
- Conducting gap analysis
- Identifying trends
- Checking accuracy of reports and rec
- Challenging the status quo with a view to improving the environment or internal stakeholders understanding
Minimum Experience Level
2 – 3 years experience in data analysis in a risk management and / or compliance management environment.
Technical / Professional Knowledge
- Banking procedures
- Cluster specific operations
- Data analysis
- Governance, Risk and Controls
- Nedbank banking systems
- Nedbank policies and procedures
- Nedbank systems
- Nedbank vision and strategy
- Operational risk management
- Relevant Nedbank product knowledge
- Relevant regulatory knowledge
- Relevant software and systems knowledge
- Decision-making process
- Business writing skills
- Nedbank culture
- Building partnerships
- Continuous Improvement
- Planning and Organizing
- Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills
Please contact the Nedbank Recruiting Team at +27 860 555 566