Business Manager Agri Nedbank Jobs
Location: Bethlehem, ZA
Advert Closing Date
11 April 2018
Essential Qualifications – NQF Level
- Matric / Grade 12 / National Senior Certificate
Degree or diploma at NQF Level 6 in commerce, business, finance or law.
Minimum Experience Level
8 years experience in a sales or relationship management role in a banking environment.
To create and increase revenue and economic profit from new and existing clients in order to achieve the banks strategic objectives and create shareholder value.
- Contribute to a culture conducive to the achievement of transformation goals by participating in Nedbank Culture building initiatives (e.g. staff surveys etc).
- Participate and support corporate responsibility initiatives for the achievement of business strategy (e.g.. Green Strategy).
- Seek opportunities to improve business processes and systems by identifying and recommending effective ways to operate and adding value to Nedbank.
- Identify and confirm own financial targets by aligning with business unit targets.
- Achieve or exceed targets by developing and implementing account plans for clients and targetting new business.
- Develop an account plan for each client using knowledge of the client’s needs and by engaging with relevant stakeholders to identify tailor-made solutions to meet the client’s needs.
- Manage costs by monitoring expenses and keeping within budget parameters.
- Achieve economic profit by reviewing pricing annually and making required adjustments.
- Provide relevant recommendations by maintaining sound knowledge of bank’s products and solutions; staying abreast of the market and business environment; by using research conducted by bank economic unit and by reading economic and financial material.
- Meet client and bank needs by confirming that recommended solution is in line with bank guidelines for economic profit; bank business needs and regulations and by managing client expectations.
- Support the implementation process by communicating with the client and internal stakeholders; monitoring progress; gathering feedback and taking corrective action.
- Achieve agreed objectives within cost and time parameters by identifying potential and actual problems and working with relevant stakeholders to find solutions.
- Manage all risks and ensure compliance by following regulatory requirements and bank’s internal policies and procedures; identifying risks and non-compliances and taking corrective action.
- Recommend improvements for efficiency and competitve advantage by providing client and market feedback to relevant stakeholders.
- Provide a single interface for the client to the bank by having sound knowledge of the bank’s products; services and solutions and by coordinating with relevant stakeholders.
- Establish and maintain relationships with relevant stakeholders (internal and external providers) by engaging with them formally and informally e.g. in meetings; problem solving sessions and training sessions.
- Proactively recommend tailor-made solutions to meet the client’s needs by gaining an intimate understanding of the client’s business and business environment; and by consulting with relevant stakeholders.
- Support the achievement of the business strategy; objectives and values by reviewing Nedbank and Business Unit Plan and ensuring delivered systems; process; services and solutions are aligned.
- Identify training courses and career progression for self through input and feedback from management.
- Ensure all personal development plan activities are completed within specified timeframe.
- Share knowledge and industry trends with team and stakeholders during formal and informal interaction.
- Obtain buy-in for developing new and/or enhanced processes (e.g. operational processes) that will improve the functioning of stakeholders’ businesses by highlighting benefits in support of the implementation of recommendations.
Type of Exposure
- Conducting root cause analysis
- Working with a group to identify solutions to a problem
- Analysing situations or data that requires an evaluation of multiple factors
- Interacting with diverse people
- Building and maintaining effective cross-functional relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Developing ways to minimise risks
- Analysing and interpreting qualitative and quantitative data
- Drafting reports
- Interacting with various levels of management
- Managing conflict situations
- Managing multiple projects
- Influencing stakeholders to obtain buy-in for concepts and ideas.
- Answering customer questions
- Sharing information in different ways to increase stakeholders understanding
- Communicating complex information orally
- Communicating complex written information.
- Brainstorming ways of improving a product or situation
- Identifying trends
- Challenging the status quo with a view to improving the environment or people’s understanding
- Checking accuracy of reports and rec
- Conducting gap analysis
- Conducting a needs analysis
- Communicating standards to others
- Coordinating and securing buy-in from internal stakeholders.
- Comparing two or more sets of information
- Preparing and delivering presentations
- Providing professional advice/opinion
- Writing business proposals
- Using different approaches in new work situations business proposals
- Meeting financial targets
- Successfully selling banking solutions
- Becoming a Business Advisor
- High-Impact Communication
- Managing Work
- Sales Disposition
- Sales Negotiation
- Qualifying Sales
Talent Acquisition Consultant
Please contact Asanda Nodendwa for more information about this exciting opportunity with Nedbank.
***All applications are managed through our Careers Page and must be completed on the system.
Please contact the Nedbank Recruiting Team at +27 860 555 566