Compliance Manager : Nedbank Jobs
Location: Johannesburg, ZA
Advert Closing Date
19 March 2018
Essential Qualifications – NQF Level
- Advanced Diplomas/National 1st Degrees
Bachelor of Commerce: Risk Management , Advanced Diplomas/National 1st Degrees
Minimum Experience Level
5-8 years in a senior compliance/risk/governance role
To consult on and advise the business area regarding relevant domestic and international legislation; compliance and governance to ensure abidance to relevant codes; regulations and rules thereby minimising risk to and protecting the reputation of Nedbank.
- Advise business on best practice for compliance by ensuring the business is educated on the compliance culture and by creating awareness around compliance implication of daily duties.
- Ensure compliance standards are met and risks are mitigated.
- Identify, define and agree on the regulatory universe applicable for each relevant Business Unit, mitigating risks.
- Conduct compliance risk and control assessments (CRA’s).
- Test whether the business control is effective and adequate and ensure that business policies contain the right content addressing legislative requirements.
- Engage with stakeholders on findings of compliance risk and control assessments.
- Ensure that compliance risk is adequately addressed. Mitigate risk and applicability to business.
- Advise business of changes and identify potential impact of these changes on the business.
- Contribute to a culture of transformation by participating in Nedbank culture building initiatives, business strategy, and CSI.
- Stay abreast of developments in field of expertise, ensuring personal and professional growth.
- Understand and embrace the Nedbank vision and values, leading by example.
- Influence the enhancement of business processes and methodologies.
- Enable management to make informed decisions and prevent compliance breeches.
- Prevent compliance breaches and reputational risk from occurring, which could result in financial penalties.
- Address compliance risk.
- Ensure that stakeholder relationships are effectively managed.
- Promote and facilitate cross Cluster engagement, manage and improve business efficiencies.
- Ensure awareness of business compliance status.
- Ensure upskilling and effective handover to relevant responsible person.
- Obtain buy-in for developing new and/or enhanced processes that will improve the functioning of stakeholders’ businesses.
- Manage performance through training, development and addressing poor performance via HR channels.
- Educate self regarding business, through engagement, meetings, procedures and policy awareness.
- Support the central function by assisting in developing of policies, procedures, frameworks and tools with specific focus on relevant risk legislation, for the benefit of the larger organisation.
- Define governance frameworks and ensure good governance practice.
- Assess committees adherence to the governance requirements.
- Ensure business committees operate according to required business governance standards through regular engagement.
Type of Exposure
- Conducting root cause analysis
- Analysing and interpreting quantitative and qualitative data
- Developing ways to minimize risks
- Drafting reports
- Managing conflict situations
- Influencing stakeholders to obtain buy-in for concepts and ideas
- Sharing information in different ways to increase clients understanding
- Analysing and Comparing two or more sets of information
- Interpretation of legislation
- Facilitation meetings; workshops; training
- Managing a team
- Working in a team
- Answering customer questions
- Managing multiple projects
- Building Strategic Working Relationships
- Managing Work
- Quality Orientation
- Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills
Please contact the Nedbank Recruiting Team at +27 860 555 566