Mpumalanga Dept of Health: Nursing Traineeship 2018
The Mpumalanga Department of Health invites applicants to apply for a four years Diploma in Nursing (General, Community & Psychiatry) and Midwifery for 2018. The applicants should reside in Mpumalanga Province. Candidates must be between the ages of 18 to 35. This group will be recruited to study at KwaZulu-Natal College of Nursing from the 2nd of January 2018.
Traineeship Application Closing Date: 16 October 2017
Traineeship Provider: Mpumalanga Department of Health
Traineeship Location: Mpumalanga
- A Matriculation Certificate qualifying for admission for a Diploma / degree.
- English at least Level 4 (HG D / SG C) or above
- Life Science / Biology / Physiology at least Level 4 (HG D / SG C) or above.
- Mathematics at least Level 3 or (HG E / SG D) or Maths Literacy at least level 4 or above
- Physical Science / Agriculture / Geography; passed with at least level 3 (HG E / SG D) or above
- Minimum total admission point score (APS) of the six subjects with highest levels should not be less than 25 (excluding Life Orientation)
All certificates will be sent for verification. Selected applicants will undergo medical screening. A previous qualification in a Nursing or similar programme is not considered as a requirement for admission and does not replace the above. Certificates not registrant with the South African Nursing Council (e.g. ABET) will not be considered. Applicants with a disability will be considered only in terms of the inherent requirements of the nursing duties.
Successful Applicants will be required to:
- To sign an agreement with the Department of Health to work back the number of years trained
- To attend lectures for theoretical knowledge and do work integrated learning at KZN health facilities as required by the South African Nursing Council.
- To subject themselves to the rules and regulations of KZN College of Nursing for nursing students.
NOTE: Students will receive a bursary for the duration of their study to cover accommodation, meals and tuition. There are no fees payable to be admitted at the College.
If shortlisted the following documents will be required during interview
- Original Matriculation Certificate. (all certificates will be sent to UMALUSI for verification)
- Copy of Identity Document certified within three months of Closing Date.
- Proof of Residence
How to Apply
- All applications are to be strictly ONLINE on the official Mpumalanga Department of Health website.
- The applicant will need to have a valid email address.
- PLEASE NOTE: No physical, faxed or e-mailed applications are allowed.
Enquiries: Mr. R. Khoza @ 013 766 3165 / Mr. B. Magagula @ 013 766 3425
Due to the large number of applications normally received, communication will be limited only to candidates considered for selection. If you are not contacted after 31st December 2017 please consider your application unsuccessful.