Nkangala Municipality: Development Control Planner Internship 2017 / 2018
Internship Application closing date is 26 June 2017 at 16:30
Internship Provider: Nkangala District Municipality
Internship Location : Nkangala District, Mpumalanga
Minimum qualification requirements: National Diploma or Degree in Town and Regional Planning. Computer Literacy. Valid Driver’s License.
Experience requirements: Ability to take initiative and foster intergovernmental
Knowledge and Skills:
- Analytical, administrative, communication and report writing skills required.
- Must have a sound understanding of government’s, strategies, policies and legislation
- Sound knowledge and understanding of Integrated Development Planning (IDP) and Spatial Development Framework (SDF) processes.
- To provide strategic planning and development services;
- Administration of public participation processes;
- Process applications for new township developments, land development proposals, and changes in
land in terms of Planning Legislation and By-Laws;
- Processing and responding to internal and outgoing correspondence;
- Contribute to and interpretation of the Municipal Spatial Development Framework;
- Interpretation and enforcement of the Zoning Scheme Regulations.
Candidates must be South African citizens or permanent residents. The successful candidate will undergo security and qualification vetting and enter into an employment contract / performance agreement. Disclosure of financial interests,
as requested, must be submitted. Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit an application letter, detailed CV together with certified copies of qualifications and identity document, and send it to:
The Municipal Manager, Mrs M M Skosana, PO Box 437, Middelburg, 1050, Mpumalanga
Hand delivered applications may be submitted to the Municipal offices at 2A Walter Sisulu Street, Middelburg, Mpumalanga, office B21.
Nkangala District Municipality reserves the right not to fill any of the positions.
No faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted.
Enquiries: Ms Hlengiwe Nkosi: 013 249 2082