FSB: Graduate / Internship Programme 2016
Closing Date: 11 March 2016
Location: Pretoria, Gauteng
The Finacial Service Board invites applications for the Internship Programme 2016 from recently qualified unemployed B.Com graduates, in:
- Accounting / Auditing / Economics / Econometrics / Finance / Business Science,
- NDip: Supply Chain or Logistics,
- NDip or degree in Language Practice,
- B.Tech in IT/Computer Science. A+, N+ and MCSE or any other IT related certificate will be an added advantage,
- Bachelor’s degree in Education and research knowledge will be an added advantage with a desire to work in the financial services industry.
The Internship Programme offers a structured work-based learning experience. The successful candidates will be placed in the following departments of the FSB:
Consumer Education [x1], Information and Communication Technology (ICT) X2, Credit Ratings Services [x1], Finance [x1], Hedge Funds [x1], Language Business Unit [x1], Pensions Prudential Supervision [x1], Supply Chain Management Unit [x1] and Collective Investment Schemes [x1].
Behavioural Competencies and Attributes Required:
- An inquiring mind;
- Communication skills;
- Good Interpersonal skills;
- Good ethical behaviour;
- Quick thinking;
- Research skills;
- Problem solving skills;
Duration: Participants will undergo a 12-month on-the-job development training programme within the FSB that will be relevant to their qualifications to equip them to enter the formal job market. It is expected of the interns not to engage in any academic studies during the 12-month period. The Interns will receive a monthly stipend and they are not guaranteed a job at the FSB. Eligibility:
- Recently graduated South African citizens in possession of the above-mentioned qualifications.
- Computer literacy (MS Word, Excel, Outlook/E-mail and Internet) is a prerequisite.
How To Apply
Applications must be accompanied by a letter of motivation, recently updated comprehensive CV, certified copies of all qualifications (academic transcript must be attached) and certified copy of SA identity document.
Failure to submit any of the requested documents will result in the application not being considered. All qualifications will be verified. Interested parties should forward their CV’s for attention Mr Lordwin Shai at e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 11 March 2016.
Please note that correspondence and communication will only be conducted with short listed candidates and that the FSB reserves the right not to appoint if a suitable candidate is not identified.